SCHOTT Pharmaceutical Systems is one of the world’s leading suppliers of glass tubing, primary packaging and specialized analytical lab services for the pharmaceutical industry.
We provide our customers quality solutions while meeting their highest demands with our expertise and broad product portfolio; including ampoules, cartridges, vials and syringes made of glass and COC polymer. Our state-of-the-art production facilities and our products comply with the highest international quality standards for pharmaceutical needs.
- Spread over four continents: Five glass tubing sites, 16 sites for pharmaceutical packaging
- Safe supply and local service with a broad range of syringes, cartridges, vials, ampoules to the pharmaceutical industry are offered
- High-quality products to our customers worldwide are provided consistently
- Special packaging solutions such as coated packaging or innovative syringe systems for highly sensitive drugs (biotech)
- Excellent raw materials, continuous research and development as well as the state-of-the-art manufacturing enable SCHOTT to find the best packaging solutions together with the customers
Glass and polymer packaging - Material expertise
The right chemistry is with SCHOTT: Developing new solutions and process improvements in close cooperation with the global customers is a steadily ongoing procedure. 15 years of polymer and 125 years of glass expertise make SCHOTT an ideal partner for innovative solutions that are shaping the future of the pharmaceutical industry.
Pharmaceutical containers made of advances cyclic olefin copolymer (COC) of the highest purity are break resistant, light weight and transparent with a glass-like appearance. COC hightech polymer shows excellent barrier properties, no ion or heavy metal release, and a lower particle level than glass. SCHOTT has 15 years of experience with COC for pharmaceutical applications. A very good alternative to glass!
SCHOTT Fiolax® borosilicate glass tubes are made of Type I glass of the highest hydrolytic resistance with excellent barrier and cosmetic properties, high chemical resistance, light protection as well as tight geometric tolerances in diameter and thickness.
Committed to the highest standards
- SCHOTT is committed to the highest quality standards and focused on the highest process capabilities (ISO 9001:2000, ISO 13485, ISO 15378, GMP, EP, USP, JP, state-of-the-art-equipment, clean room technology, automated inspection system)
- Individual needs of the customers are answered by different quality
From standard level up to tailor-made solutions, high quality for the highest requirements is provided by SCHOTT. StandardLine and TopLine are two quality levels for vials and StandardLine, ClearLine and TopLine for the cartridges.
Phone: +49 (0)6131/66-1589
Fax: +49 (0)6131/1916